All professionals at Crossroads Family Dentistry maintain the highest levels of accreditation and pursue ongoing education to stay abreast of the latest trends in the medical field. Read on to learn more about our staff's experience and training.
Dr. Pooja Kumar
Dr. Kumar received her Bachelors of Dental Surgery (BDS) from Bangalore University, India in 2002. She soon married and moved to United States of America to be with her newly-wed husband Ashish. To pursue her dream of helping patients with their dental needs and opening her practice one day, she pursued her Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree at University of Colorado, School of Dental Medicine graduating in 2006. Since graduation, Dr. Kumar practiced dentistry in a variety of settings helping a diverse group of patients ranging from kids to adults to seniors. In 2011, Dr. Kumar joined US Naval Reserves, where she served up till recently before deciding to open her own practice in Trafalgar. In her spare time, Dr. Kumar loves being a busy mom to her 2 kids.
- BDS - Bangalore University, India 2002
- DDS - University of Colorado, School of Dental Medicine 2006
- American Dental Association
- Indiana Dental Association
- Bloomington Dental Society
Between home and work life in addition to a career in the Navy Reserves, Dr. Kumar has attended several Continuing Education courses to stay abreast with the latest and greatest in Dentistry to provide the best possible care to her patients in a calm, relaxing and fun environment. Here are few of the key courses that she has attended over the last 3 years:
- Enhancing Restorative Results with soft tissue grafting, crown lengthening surgery - 2016
- Sirona 3D summit - 2016
- Oral Conscious Sedation - 2016
- Contemporary Strategies for Achieving Endodontic Success - 2015
- Implant 101, Single Implant and bone grafting - 2015
- Oral surgery for General Dentist - 2014
- Restoration of Worn Dentition - 2014